Search This Blog

Becoming a True Champion Chat

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Inspiring Athletes From Within: A personal attempt to make a difference


It is in my continuing efforts to publish Becoming a True Champion (BATC) that it dawned on me how important group and team motivational speaking presentations could be in delivering the principles of athletic success I so desperately want to encourage in athletes.

You see, in addition to BATC, I have gathered and/or written a fair amount of inspirational material for my blog (The Athlete's Sports Experience: Making a Difference), that I felt could truly help athletes achieve higher levels of excellence in sports; maybe even inspire them to reach beyond the “normal” limitations that traditionally hold others back from accepting difficult challenges.

After much introspection, I decided on four important concepts (for my presentation) that I felt were necessary if I ever expected to be successful at reaching inside athletes to help them discover the power they have within. To truly do this, my presentation would have to:

a. Encourage an emotional investment from the athletes present,
b. Create for them a better and deeper understanding of what it truly takes to accomplish athletic goals and dreams they may have,
c. Draw the connection of how important one’s choices are in this process,
d. Demonstrate for them how similar their frame of reference is to others who have accomplished athletic success.

So, after giving three presentations (one to a high school volleyball program, high school cross country program, and high school competitive cheer program), how did it all go? I suppose that would be best left up to those who attended as they leave their own thoughts and comments at the end of this blog.

For me personally, however, it was and will continue to be a wonderful experience. My hope is that my presentation, and my own personal story, moved those in attendance to accept the challenges that seeking to achieve one’s true potential brings, allowing them to reap the intrinsic rewards one receives when traveling such a path.

Thanks to all those who attended. It truly was heartwarming to have been part of your sports experience along the way.


“Greatness, whether athletic or otherwise, doesn’t come from those content on just being but from those who seek being the difference.”

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails